Announcements: All of the Keweenaw County Historical Museums are now closed for the season. We look forward to seeing you when most of our museums reopen on June 11, 2017. We will update the the museum calender with opening dates for specific museums once we have finalized all of our summer events and dates.
3-27-2017- We still have a few openings for summer and fall 2017 at the Rental Cottage which is The Assistant Light Keepers Cottage. It's located near the Eagle Harbor Lighthouse on the shore of Lake Superior. See the Rental Cottage tab above for details and contact information.
Facebook: 'Like' us on Facebook for another way to follow KCHS events, see additional historic photos, etc.
POLICIES RELATED TO THE RENTAL COTTAGE
- Must be a member of the Keweenaw County Historical Society
- Rental fees are established on an annual basis by the KCHS Board
- Reservations for 2018 can be made by telephoning Dar Huovinen starting Monday, June 5,
2017 until Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 906-337-0767 between the hours of 10:00 AM and
2:00 PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. Reservations can be made for two weeks
• After June 7, 2017, reservations can be made for any additional weeks that are available by
telephoning the above-listed number, 906-337-0767
• Reservation confirmation letters will be sent in January, 2018 requesting a $100.00 rental
deposit which is due March 15, 2018
- Please send your rental reservation deposit with “Cottage Rental Deposit” written on your check to:
670 Lighthouse Road-Eagle Harbor
Mohawk, Mi 49950
- If your plans have changed or if your deposit is not received by March 15, 2017, your reservation will be cancelled due to a high demand to reserve the rental cottage
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the canceled week is re-rented
- Cottage is rented on a weekly basis. Daily rentals are not available
- Check-in time: 3:00 PM on the first day of rental
- Check-out time: 12:00 PM on the last day of rental
- Your rental balance is due on arrival
- Renters provide the following: Sheets and pillow cases for one full, and two twin beds and one queen size sleeper sofa, food, beverages, kitchen and bath towels and toiletries.
- KHS provides the following: Blankets, pillows, mattress pads, a fully equipped kitchen, cooking utensils, microwave oven, dishes and glassware, trash bags and cleaning supplies.
The rental cottage must be returned to the original order when the renters leave.
Renters violating the Rental Policies will be charged a
minimum $100.00 cleaning/sanitation fee.
Click here to see a PDF of the Policies that you may wish to print.