Policies Relating to Renting the Miner’s Home at Central
- Must be a member of the Keweenaw County Historical Society (KCHS)
- Rental fees are established on an annual basis by the KCHS Board.
- Reservations may be made by telephoning Carol Todd at 269-330-4219 (leave a message if no answer) or by emailing her at Centralno8@yahoo.com.
- Reservation confirmation letters will be sent requesting a 50% rental deposit (new deposit policy for 2019) which is due by May 31, 2020.
- Please send your rental reservation deposit with “Miner’s Home Rental Deposit” written on your check to:
670 Lighthouse Road – Eagle Harbor
Mohawk, MI 49950
- If your deposit is not received by May 31, 2020 your rental, your reservation may be cancelled due to a high demand to reserve the Miner’s Home.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless the canceled week is re-rented.
- Miner’s Home is rented on a weekly basis, Saturday to Saturday; daily rentals are not available:
- Check-in time: 3:00 PM on the first day of rental
- Check-out time: 12:00 PM on the last day of rental
- Your rental balance is due on arrival.
RENTERS PROVIDE: sheets and pillow cases for one queen and two twin beds, food (including condiments/spices), beverages, kitchen and bath towels, and toiletries.
KCHS provides: blankets, pillows, mattress pads, fully equipped kitchen including cooking utensils, microwave oven, griddle, slow-cooker, dishes, glassware and silverware, trash bags and cleaning supplies.
- Do not move or rearrange furniture. The Miner’s House must be returned to the original order when the renters leave.
- Please remove all food (including condiments), beverages and personal items
- NO SMOKING.
Renters violating the Rental Policies will be charged a
minimum $100.00 cleaning/sanitation fee.